Title: UnknownCantonese Compilation 2012-2014
Artist: UnknownKris 吳亦凡
Played: 425 times
kris wu wiping the garbage off his lap
actor wu telling you to be ready for the school year
Kris was the most useless and untalented EXO member?
Okay, I know this has been discussed before but I can’t let this go without sharing my thoughts.
Let me list out how useful he was to the group..
- He was one of the top visuals if not THE top visual. You can ask anyone who’s ever seen the group in person.. the member who always stood out in terms of looks was him. Even those who hated him couldn’t deny his attractiveness when they saw the group for the first time. This cannot be denied.
- He can dance. Now, I know some of you are going to roll your eyes at this statement but he was never the “dancing black hole” haters labeled him to be. His height does hinder some of his moves but he has proven to be a very capable dancer when given the right choreography. EXO M as a group always looked smoother and in sync when performing and he didn’t take away from that.
- He was the main rapper of EXO M. I admit, I wasn’t a fan of his growling in their debut album but he has improved leaps and bounds since, so I can blame their trainer and/or producer for the growling. His friend released a song they made together in 2009 and he didn’t growl, so that was never his rapping style. His rapping on the rest of their albums since then has been great and he has also proven that he can rap in Korean despite it not being his first language. Some of the songs that contain my favorite rap parts from him are The Star and Overdose. Special mention to the Chinese version of Baby Don’t Cry, because that last line he says after his rap and the way he says it? UNF.
- He was a great leader, and arguably the best leader in EXO. He coordinated with the MCs and producers behind the scenes to make sure everything was ready for every interview and performance, he was the one who used to pacify irate producers when their managers stepped over the line, he was a huge source of security and comfort to the rest of the members which they have expressed time and time again. Even the members of EXO K had huge respect for him and used to follow his instructions. His Chinese group members have emphasized how much he helped them when they first moved to Korea and they also said that they talked to Kris whenever they had grievances or misunderstanding with other members.
- He’s very PR savvy and a huge asset in terms of the group’s public speaking and interviews. He could speak 4 languages, which not only helped them during shows and interviews in international countries, but also helped them get around the place. He answered questions voluntarily and also covered a lot of the members when they didn’t know what to say. It also helped that he always came across as genuine even when he answered lines given to them by their managers. He was also good at staying calm and giving polite statements even under pressure and ridicule.
- He’s variety gold. Most of the members have commented on how funny he is, and most reviews of their variety show “Showtime” singled him out as the star of the show because of his comedic timing, and well, dorkiness.
- He’s a good endorser and model. Who else could make eating chocolate look so delicious? His pics on photoshoots also came out great despite the stylists making him wear questionable outfits. He even modeled in airports, lmao.
- He has a great personality and is very charismatic. He always came across very well to MCs, producers and staff from different countries and a lot of them singled him out and commented on how great he was to meet in person. He received nothing but compliments all around.
- He always, ALWAYS thanked international fans. That’s a huge plus for me.
I’m sure I missed some points, but I’ll stop here. You don’t have to like the guy, but saying he was useless and untalented..lol. You know that’s a blatant lie. He was a huge asset to EXO and him leaving is a loss to SM and the group, whether you’d like to admit that fact or not.
Thanks for reading. Here’s a GIF of Kris eyefucking the camera to send you on your way.
underneath the cold city guy exterior lies a huge softie
“From the time I entered the company to now, leader (Kris) has really taught me a lot. Recently he’s also been teaching me a lot of things, and I feel like I’ve changed a lot. I’m really happy that I was able to meet a brother like him. And also the four people standing behind me, they are all the people I will never be able to part with in this lifetime.” - Tao